Needles

Needles

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Meeting people in strange places

Sometimes (especially in small towns) you meet people in places you never expect.

Last Saturday, my crazy husband decided to go for a bike ride - in the snow - in the cold - on the ice.  That part isn't the weird part.  Sadly - that's the normal part.

I wanted to go downtown to the yarn store and sign up for a class.   OK - I also wanted to see what was on clearance.  So when David left for his ride, I hopped in my car and drove downtown.  I walked into the yarn store, and the first person I see is my nephew.  Which gave me some pause - I'm pretty sure he doesn't knit - but he was just standing around and I thought maybe his girlfriend was a knitter.  (I don't think she is.)    I said hi, and asked him what he was doing.  He said he was there with his sisster (my niece) and her boyfriend.  I look up, and sure enough - there's my niece looking at needles.  I didn't know she was a knitter.  Apparently it's a new hobby for her.  (Yay!)  So we chatted for a bit, and I found out their brother's girlfriend (so that would be another nephew's girlfriend) was also a knitter - which I also did not know. 

I said to her  - (my niece) - we should get together sometime for a knitting day.  She thought that sounded great.  So we've set something up. 

The only thing I realized after we parted company, was that I should have told her she could borrow needles from me.  And probably "shop" in my craft room too since I have yarn for a small country. 

I got home feeling pretty good about the fact that there are other knitters in my family (besides my mom) - and can't wait to have our first 'knitting day'. 

P.S.  David got home about the same time that I did - the roads were too icy for even him!

No comments:

Post a Comment