Needles

Needles

Friday, April 11, 2014

Lost Socks

I'm sure you have all had trouble losing a sock.  It happens at our house with some regularity.  Often the sock is found right away.  Usually stuck in another article of clothing, still in the dryer, or on the floor in between the dryer and the bedroom.  But every once in a while.......      a sock goes missing.  And sometimes it never turns up again.

I saved one sock for over a year, waiting for it's mate to re-appear.  I finally (with some trepiation) threw the lone sock away.  I figured that would automatically make the lost one re-appear.  But so far, nothing.  

A few weeks ago I lost a sock.  (Actually, I remember it was David who folded the laundry that time :)  )  So I put the mate on my dresser waiting for it to reappear.

This morning, I got up, got dressed, put on a sweater, drove to work, took off my sweater, turned on my computer, and walked down the hall to pick up some papers.  As I was sitting down, I noticed a lump in my sleeve right at the elbow. 

I know you already guessed.

It's sort of amazing to me that I could put a shirt on, add a sweater, take it off, and walk around and NOT NOTICE that there is a big lump at my elbow. 

At least it didn't fall out in some embarassing way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment