Needles

Needles

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Knit along Shawl

Remember me telling you about the yarn I won and the Knit Along Shawl event?

Well I finished it.  I actually finished the shawl on Sunday, but I had to order some lace blocking wires (things you don't realize you need until you need them.)

My LYS didn't have any in stock so they had to order them, and they just arrived yesterday.   I stopped in after work - in the pouring rain (which tells you how badly I wanted them) and went home and got everything done.  I had to wet the shawl, thread some wires through parts of it (some flexible, some not) and use T-pins to pin all of those points around the edge to make them pointy.  A new skill learned!

Here is the shawl after I wsa done knitting it, but before blocking.  You can sort of see that the points aren't pointy, and everything is sort of soft and not defined.


And here is how it looked when I took all the wires and pins out of it:

I laid it out on the floor which is why it looks kind of weird, but I wanted to get the whole thing. 

Pretty, huh?

I had to send a pictue and an entry form to the knitting company sponsoring the contest - maybe I'll win something!!  I think it's just a drawing - I don't think 'goodness' has any impact. 

I've never done something like this before - I'm not sure when/where I'll wear it, but it was fun, and I'm already working on a new shawl.  (No contest involved with this one though)

2 comments:

  1. It's really pretty! A little hard to tell what the color is--kind of a grey/blue? -Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sort of 'seafoam' - not the first color I would have chosen, but it was free. It's laying on my trunk right now and is almosst exactly the same color.

    ReplyDelete