Needles

Needles

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Eggs

My local yarn store (LYS) had a contest last month involving Easter eggs.  They asked for knitted or crocheted eggs and then had their customers vote for their favorite.  I think there were about a dozen entries.  (Fitting - if you think about it.)  I WON second place!  Yay!

I submitted 2 different eggs (knowing that I could only win once.)  The first egg I worked on was more complex, because it involved 3 different yarns.  One was fuzzy, and I sometimes used two yarns together.  (It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but the fuzzy yarn was multi-colored)  The second egg was knit with some leftover varigated yarn that I had from a scarf that I knit.  (Sandi should recognize it).  The yarn was very spring-like,  but I decided that it needed 'something' so I attached beads all over it when I was done. The second egg took about half the amount of work.  The beads were randomly attached -

These looked a little better hanging on the tree - I threw them in my purse when I picked them up and didn't properly re-fluff them before I took the picture.)



And of course, which one do you think won?  If you guessed the 'bling', you'd be right!

First place winner was a very cute white egg with a little blue bunny knitted in the pattern. 

I'm not sure what to do with these now, but it was fun.  And now I have a $30 gift card to go spend in the shop!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Yeah, I love that scarf. :) -Sandi

    ReplyDelete