Needles

Needles

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sudafed

I have a cold.  I get sick rarely, and take medication rarely.  (Remember I told you I didn't think to take ibuprofen for my sore hip? - which I sometimes remember to do now when it hurts alot.)

Normally I just take some cold/flu medication that I have in the house, but this cold is really just in my nose.  So I don't want to take something for other symptoms that I don't have.  I really just need something for my alternately stuffy then runny nose.  I need Sudafed.  (or whatever the generic word is for it - my head is too clogged to figure it out). 

So I went to the grocery store last night.  I knew that you couldn't buy this in the aisle any more, but oh my goodness, what a big pain.  I had to take a card up to the pharmacy window.  There were 3 people behind the counter, but all 'too busy doing other things' to notice me.  (Which is probably another post, but really?  You can't see me standing there?  At least recognize that I'm there and you'll be there in a moment.)  I had to take my driver's license out of my wallet (which is a big pain) so that they could scan it.  Then I had to sign something on a keypad acknowledging that I was buying this.  Then I had to pay for it there - even though I was buying other groceries and would have to pay for them later.  In hindsight I should have bought the big box instead of just the box of 24 - but that stuff is so darned expensive.  And I just cleaned out my medicine cupboard and got rid of a whole bunch of medications that had expired years ago.

And all of this because some yo yos figured out how to make meth with sudafed.  It's sad.  I suppose there's no other way to regulate it, but I still think it's kind of nutty.  I don't imagine most people who are running a meth lab go to their local grocery store for 1 small package of sudafed.  Who knows. 

All I have to say is - these darn little things had better do their job!  I've got things to do and they don't all allow me to carry a large box of tissues around.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I often chuckle over the fact that it's easier to get Vicodin than Sudafed. Go figure. -Sandi

    ReplyDelete