Needles

Needles

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Invention Update

Remember how I told you about my great idea for a mammogram cover up?

Well, I'm too late.  

I work with a guy who helps people file patents (he does research, charges them, knows what paperwork to fill out, etc).  It's a sideline job for him.  (Who knew?)  Anyway, I was asking him about how one would go about patenting an article of clothing.  He said there are three different kinds of patents, and the two that might pertain to clothing would be either a design, or a use patent.  We had a fairly lengthy discussion about them, how they worked, etc. 

I told him about my idea, and he said the first thing I should do is to google it and see if anyone else had already come up with the idea.  And of course they had.   Lots of them.  Just google mammogram gown and you can get patterns, ready made, plus size, etc. 

So I guess the real problem is that my clinic doesn't buy them.  Maybe I'll buy my own and bring it with me the next time I go in.

I should check my sheet idea too.   Probably someone's already come up with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment