Needles

Needles

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chuckles the clown

Part of my semi-resolution this year was not only to finish projects, but also to go through all of our 'stuff'.  We have a pretty big house, and so we tend to accumulate things.  And since we have lots of room, we don't always get rid of things in a timely manner. 

I've been trying hard to choose an area when I have time, and sort through things, and throw them away as needed.  Now you know as well as I do, that one has to be in the right 'mood' to toss things.  Some days I am, some days I am not.  But so far I've gone through the kitchen cabinets (throwing away an amazing amount of food that had expired) the refrigerator (which is now almost always empty) and the upstairs linen closet.  Truthfully, I could probably go through that again.  Sometimes it takes more than one pass.

The other night I was going through boxes on a high shelf in one of the bedrooms.  Some of them were legit.   Mementos for everyone in the family.  Everybody's got a box. 

Then I hit paydirt.  I opened up a box that had so much junk in it - all mine.  I couldn't believe some of the things that were in there.  Apparently at one point when I was doing minor redecorating, I decided I couldn't throw/give away the things I was taking down, so I put them in a box.  Things like a spoon rest, and a crock for kitchen utensils.  A paper mache peacock (?!)  I won't go on, but believe me, the Goodwill boxes are starting to overflow.  As well as the trashcan.  (As a side note - I also stumbled upon my college diploma - which I never would have dug up if I would have needed to find it.)

One of the best weird things I found were these:
Leftovers from a craft project that had to have occurred when I was still in high school?  Chuckles the clown.  My dad made the wooden blocks for me, I painted faces on the heads, and sewed hats and arms and legs for them.  (none of these have arms and legs because they were leftovers) - The arms and legs were stuffed with little candies, and I sold them at a craft fair.  (I do things like this with some regularity, but don't do the craft fairs any more).  There was a poem on the back side of the paper you can see on the left to let people know it was candy in the appendages 

Why I kept them I do not have any clue.  But I sort of don't want to throw them away either.  But why would I keep them. 

A lot of things got tossed - I'm on the bubble with these.  No reason to keep them, but...........

No comments:

Post a Comment