Needles

Needles

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cool Christmas Ornament

I was over at my mother-in-law's house today and noticed an ornament on her tree that I made for her last year.  It was (relatively) simple, and ended up looking pretty cool. 

I had some clear ornaments from Michaels or some place, and saw this idea somewhere on the web.  I bought some inexpensive crayons, and btoke off 3 or 4 small (1/2 "?) pieces.  I put them through the top of the 'blank' ornament, and then used a blow dryer to start melting them inside the ornament.  If you swirl the ornament around a bit, you get a pretty cool effect.  After you've achieved what you want, dump the remainder of the crayons onto a paper towel or something.  (You could probably leave them in the bottom of the ornament - no one would know)

Only downside:  The ornament gets quite hot with the blow dryer heating it up, so if you try this:  Be careful!!

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty cool! I thought of you when I hung the one you made for me, with bits of the yarn from that scarf you made me inside! Very awesome! :) -Sandi

    ReplyDelete