Needles

Needles

Friday, May 30, 2014

Summer is here!!

Gosh, I know it's been a while.  Things have been a little crazy at my house.  It seems like this time of year every blog that I read is saying the same thing.  It's hard to believe that things could really be that busy when my kids are grown and gone and my husband is travelling, but that almost makes it busier!

I was in Miami all week last week - which sounds kind of exciting - and in some respects it was.  But it was for work, and so I didn't really get to 'see' Miami - except to and from the airport, and the inside of a conference room for about 13 hours a day.  That's okay though - it was a very useful trip for work, and I got to use my new TSA precheck.  Which is SO awesome.  I signed up for a frequent traveller deal, even though I don't travel so much.  David does, and I didn't want to get in the slow line and have him be in the fast line.  I got through security both coming and going in about 5 minutes, didn't have to take off my shoes, or take my computer out of my bag, or take my liquids out.  I can't believe EVERYONE doesn't do this!!

Anyway.  I got home late on Friday last week, Emma and Joe were both home Sunday/Monday for the holiday.  Emma left for London on Monday (so exciting!) on a two week Art Tour.  It looks like she's having a blast. 

Joe is playing in Minneapolis tonight, we're meeting a friend for dinner in Red Wing tomorrow night, and Joe's playing in Northfield on Sunday.  My weekend is already full.

BUT. 

Last night I was enjoying some quiet time on the porch before I had to call in for a meeting with China at 7:45, and I took a couple of pictures from my chair. 

The air was fragrant with lilacs  (and maybe a little manure from the farm across the road), the birds were singing, the temperature was perfect.

It's what keeps me going.  Being able to come home after a day or evening of whatever, sit down, and look out on the beautiful green trees and grass.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment