Needles

Needles

Friday, February 21, 2014

Winter Wonderland

This is the third day in a row that I have worked at home this week.  On Wednesday I stayed home because I didn't feel great - sore throat, coughing, headache, etc.  Yesterday there were blizzard warnings up for the region, and today is the aftermath.  I'm very happy that I have a job where I CAN work from home if needed.  I can sit in my living room and log in to everything that I have at my desk.  In fact - sometimes I get MORE work done - I get up at the same time, but don't have to spend an hour getting to work, which generally means I'm online by 6 or so, and work until I start thinking about supper.  Well, I work until I need to start making supper.  I often think about supper throughout the day.  I also don't have the distraction of people interrupting - which is great.  It's much easier to focus on something when it is quiet!

But working at home also blurs the line.  On Wednesday, when I was ill, I actually ended up working most of the day.  Just like yesterday, and probably like today. 

The roads are treacherous today, and I'm very happy to stay home.  But it is beautiful outside.  I'd take a picture, but it's still pretty dark, and you know what it looks like anyway - right?  Everything is covered in snow.  We had some rain first yesterday, which then turned to snow.  Which makes it a bugger to shovel.  I'm glad David is home this week.  They call it 'heart-attack' snow on the news.  When it's so heavy because of the moisture you can have a heart attack when you're shoveling.  That's not good.  But I'm keeping an eye on him, and he's in good shape. 

It looks like Emma missed the bulk of the storm, and I always worry about Joe driving around in bad weather, but hey - that'swhat mom's do. 

Oh, ok - it's getting lighter out, and who can resist:

Beautiful, isn't it?  I leave the chairs out so that we can tell how much snow we've received.  Not really, we just never got around to putting them on the porch, and sometimes, when it's nice out in February and March, and they're not covered in snow, it's kind of pleasant to sit outside.  With a jacket on.
 
Hope you're staying safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment