Needles

Needles

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Discontinued Items

I noticed a week or so ago that the pair of sweat pants that I wear all the time in the winter was wearing out.  To the point where soon I won't be able to wear them out of the house.  The sad part is that I know that I will at some point wear them out of the house because I won't feel like changing.  So it's time to get a new pair.  Before I embarass myself.

Basic, black, Hanes sweat pants without the elastic around the bottom of the legs.  They fit me PERFECTLY and I bought the two pair that I currently have at Target.  Simple, right?  Wrong.  I went to Target on Saturday to buy a replacement pair, and apparently Target is not selling these any more. 

So I figure I have two choices. 

Choice #1.  Spend the next 6 months searching for these sweat pants every time I go out.

Choice #2.  Spend the next 6 months buying other brands that don't fit the same way.

It's a conundrum I tell you!  Why can't things stay the same!!  They fit the way I like, I know my size, and they were readily available at a store in my town. 

This is not the first time that this has happened to me, and I'm sure it won't be the last, but boy, oh boy, is it frustrating. 

I've had this conversation with my sister about bras also.  You know how it is:  You have one that fits right, you know your size, and just about the time you need a new one, they stop making that style and come up with something completely WRONG. 

I did finally go on Amazon and found out that WalMart sells Hanes sweat pants.  Sadly, there is not a WalMart in my town, but I stopped on the way home from work yesterday and bought a pair.  And OF COURSE they are not the same.  They are 'less expensive'  (i.e. - CHEAPER) and don't fit the same way that the old ones do.  Figures.

I know this all makes me sound old - and I am - but it seems like some things could stay the same.  I 'get' that fashions change, but I'm not really talking about fashion here - I'm talking basics.  They should stay the same.  Forever. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the SAME PROBLEM. I love my Champion sweats that I got at Target. One thing I did, is I went online and found them and bought two pair that way--sometimes you can find them on Amazon or something even if they're no longer readily available at the stores. Good luck!! :) -Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your pain! I found yoga pants at Old Navy. They fit well and were made of a great material and were about $25. Perfect! I bought two pair and wore them all the time. I went back to buy more (the two pair I have were wearing out) and they changed the fabric and the fit and now they don't work for me at all. Still haven't found another pair of yoga pants that will work for me at a good price.

    ReplyDelete